Monday 22 July 2013

REMEMBERING PETER



My brother Peter died on this day in 2006. Most of the time it doesn’t seem that long, though some days it feels longer. He had been there for all of my life and it was so shocking when he died. I had thought he was a constant, like the sun, the seasons, the day itself. He left a huge space in people’s lives. He was so full of energy and fun. One of my earliest memories is Peter making a kite out of brown paper and bamboo. I remember being amazed that anyone could do anything so clever. That said he was a very modest man, down to earth but with much compassion.

It’s difficult for me to find the words I want to express what I want to say. 

Here are the words my sister has composed:



PETER SANTLEY
22.07.2006

A million times I’ve needed you, a million tears I’ve cried.
If love could have saved you, Peter, you never would have died.
Things I feels most deeply, are the hardest things to say,
My darling Peter I loved you in a very special way.
If I could have one final wish, a dream that could come true,
It would be with all my heart for yesterday and you.
Miss and love you always
Your Loving Wife, Dorothy.



We miss you Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment