Friday 7 August 2015

3am THOUGHT

A simple poem to start with this post.

3am Thought

mirrors litter the wet square
I look at my feet
realise each shallow puddle holds a cosmos
I must navigate a path
that does not ripple a single looking glass
for I shall not be the destroyer of worlds this night
This second poem has been rewritten many times. This draft has a different focus to what I had initially imagined the topic would be. 

I see her once in a while
each time we have changed

imagine
this relationship
as
a spit
of sand
times oceans
erodes
one day
none of this
will be here
but today
this
day
I spy
a path

Does it work for you? I think its vagueness is a strength. Not sure about the layout. I think I need to let it be for a while.
Here's the new Beirut single. Their last lp was superb. I have great hopes for the new one, not sure about the concept behind the video though...

No comments:

Post a Comment