Monday 17 December 2018

BOREDOM TO ANGER

I'm late posting this week due to the festive season and a trip to Widnes to see family.
The photographs are from the Gracia correfoc in Barcelona. It's a celebration of the local saint and I love the bustle and the fireworks. Great fun.
A brief poem.

omen

emotions that turn on a sixpence
boredom to anger in three seconds flat

life must be a tricky, a high wire act
coping with a hair trigger like that

and i’m wondering
when my time will come

you can only look down the barrel of her rage
so many times before it goes off in your face

I honestly have not got much to say about it as I think it speaks for itself.
A good exercise is to just write for a two minutes without stopping and your critical self turned off. Don't reflect on what you are writing just do it and aim to fill at least two sides of paper.
Once you have done so then you can flick the switch and engage your critical facilities and try to make something out of your words. It usually yields something.
I'm still in a Leonard Cohen listening space and here he is.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment