Friday 5 November 2021

AND THEY GOT AWAY WITH MURDER

 

Here is another poem that was written on the poetry retreat I recently attended.

It had a difficult genesis as it required me to repeat lines in a specific order. My dyscalulia played havoc with that!

it was written in the small print

nobody told her any different

they glossed over the details

and she never thought to question


nobody told her any different

she just signed her rights away

and she never thought to question

and they got away with murder


she just signed away her rights

and there never was no comeback

and they got away with murder

hid behind their fancy words


she just signed away her rights

and there never was no comeback

hid behind their fancy words

it was written in the small print

I have no idea where the poem came from. I took a line from another poem as my starting point and promptly ended up altering it beyond recognition. In this present draft it is now the second line. What I like about the poem is the narrator's sense of outrage. Thanks to Liz for setting the challenge.

Only one poem this post. Since my creative outpouring on the retreat I have been revising more than writing. 

Here's Pollyanna with a song about chasing mammoths. 



Until Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment