Friday 7 July 2023

THE MOON AND THE STREET LIGHT

When I was recently in Inverness I noticed that, as I went to bed, the moon was vying with the street light in the pre-Solstice twilight. It set me thinking about different lengths of times, light intensity and the solar year. This is what eventually emerged.

The Moon and The Street Light


regular


different lengths

the permanent and the passing


the moon plays the long game

content to be out shone

[in the short term]


we observers

whose time is nearer to one than the other

take it all in

too consumed by our mini-dramas

I hope I have captured that moment in time. I often think I am writing about witnessing entropy. I blame those 1960s science fiction authors that I read as a teen.

We can all observe entropy in action by observing the tory government mismanagement of the country. The NHS is 75 years old this week as our complacent government starves it of funding. History will judge this government, but enough of second rate clowns.

Here's Novos Baianos with Misterio Do Planeta. I've been listening to their album Acabou Chorare lately and it's superb.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment