Friday 19 April 2019

A CALM MOON

Last Saturday I was staying with friends in Lancaster. I awoke in the middle of the night and saw the moon. I took a photograph of the scene and was inspired to write this.

a calm moon
over the railway signals
against the darkest of blue skies
as the world turns
I give thanks 


Another short poem. I had been working on something longer but was getting bogged down because the poem wasn't working. I salvaged this.

he will leave her
two years later
for someone younger
and she will ask me why she did it
shaped herself to fit his world
and I will have no answer


I think it stands alone.
Here's a video from the legendary Annabelle Chvostek. It's wonderful to have a new video and rumour has it she has been recording recently. 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment