Friday 28 June 2019

THE RAZOR BEAK

I was on Preston Beach the other night watching the sky and the waves. The gull in the poem was patiently waiting for something in a temporary rock pool to be within its reach.

this shallowing rock pool
is ever more exposed
to the razor beak of the gull
who practices patience
stands stock still, for now

This second poem is a brief prose poem.

it is ten to one in the morning and I am dancing around the kitchen as if a soundtrack was playing inside my head given my movements I suspect that it is a free jazz number

There's nothing much to say about either poem. They are what they are. Little snapshots of a life.
There's a new Mountain Goats lp out and here's John Darnielle singing songs and talking about it.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment