Friday 7 June 2019

WHEN THE SEA RETURNED

I wrote this poem quite quickly, like the last post, it came from a collection of random words picked haphazardly from several unconnected books. Working with a limited number of words can be liberating. 
Once the basic idea is down on paper you can expand on it in any way that you think works.

Just One of Those Things

when the sea returned
the lovers had gone
to create energy their own energy
in a rented room

then to part
on some street corner
late in the afternoon
in a press of people too preoccupied
with keeping the wolf from the door
for the intensity of their farewell
to ever be noticed

the lover’s regular roles awaited
the end of their embrace


I am not sure that the title works. It does not seem to add or enhance the poem...
I find titles to be difficult.
I wanted the poem to capture a moment, something fleeting. A miniature, I suppose, as opposed to a big idea.
Also as mentioned last post both Kathryn Williams and Anna Ternheim are touring in the autumn. I may see you there.
Also on a really positive note Ryley Walker is playing some dates in America. He has been 75 + days sober and sounds very positive. I wish you all the best Ryley.
Here's the man himself in Utrecht last year. What music! 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment