Sunday 30 May 2021

INTERLACED



I am posting two days late this week to coincide with the fact that Magpie Bridge is ten years old today! Yes, it is amazing! I never thought when I started this bog I would still be going in five years let alone ten. Blogs I assumed were ephemeral creatures but here I am still at it.

You can read the very first blog post here. There have been 593 other ones since then and over 800,000 visits. I would like to thank you all for your continuing support.

This is a poem revised with the assistance of the wonderful Secret Poets, thank you chaps. 

Farewell Sheila


double masked

eleven people in a chapel


the clock is running down

on our fifteen minute slot


if I had though about it and I had not

I would not have imagined it this way


interlaced with flashes

of every sad ceremony I’ve known


You can read the last version here. The layout has changed as has the final line. 

I was in London this week and I bought a copy of the Funky Rob Way, an old Nigerian lp that I had downloaded a while ago. The vinyl is even better. I leave you with the title track.


Here's to the next ten years!

No comments:

Post a Comment