Friday 10 February 2023

BLOW UP A STORM

Sometimes life just puts you in the right place at the right time. I was recently passing our local conservative club and I stopped to watch as a person with a leaf blower cleared the carpark of leaves. I couldn't help thinking that this is what they want to do to everyone who attempts to enter this country, either that, or fly them to Rwanda. Then I read about the new tory deputy chairman. You couldn't make it up.

SEEING THEM OFF THE PROPERTY


his right hand wields the power

motor chunters monotone


determination


features hard set

mouth a thin line


watch the leaf blower manhandle every leaf

chucking them all out in to the street


I stand on the pavement

at the bottom of our ocean atmosphere


see him blow up a storm

sending them back where they came from

The poem has taken much writing. I think I was telling rather than showing. Perhaps in a couple of months I may decide it is still too telling.

Here's Brooke Sharkey. She's just raised the money to record a new ep. After seeing her live last summer I for one can't wait to hear it.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment