Friday 3 February 2023

DECOUPAGE FOR THE MIND

Wednesday was the biggest day of action for decades but the government didn't care. They appear to be only interested in ruining the country. But enough of the public school educated elite who are not interested in the people they are supposed to represent, I  found an old poem the other day, one I had forgotten about. I rearranged the layout and changed the odd word. 

DECOUPAGE FOR THE MIND


He can think photographs

scry alternate worlds


He holds the light sensitive paper to his forehead

his thoughts embellish it with another life


He keeps only the good ones

told me he burns the horrors


Keeps the snapshots in scrapbooks

they cover the walls of his flat


Only works when he has to

needs to pay for the paper


The experts told him

he only made collages


Identified three separate films

merged on the one page


Declared he was a wizard

with scissors and a colour copier


He stopped showing people after that

just sat in his chair and thought

Interesting idea, isn't it? I am sure I read about a man who could do this when I was a child. The word scrying refers to a technique you may know as distant viewing- the ability to visualise a distant place accurately. Sort of astral travelling, something else I have always wanted to do.

I've been listening to Pollyanna's new album a lot this week. You can hear it [and buy it] here.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment