Friday 7 December 2012

THE JOWLER REVEALED!


Here is the cover of my novel The Jowler. The book is released as an ebook this month, date still to be finalised. The tactile edition will be out in April. If I am honest I still can’t believe it.

Long strange trip doesn’t begin to describe the journey from idea to completed novel. I have to thank my good friends at Corvus Press UK for the belief and support.
What do you think of the design? I like it.

Write to me if you would like to read the first chapter, I’ll be happy to send it to you.
I would also like to draw your attention to the anthology Oscar Sparrow is editing and helming through the choppy waters from a metaphor to a collection of six poets work. Visit his site and read the interviews with the wonderfully talented and diverse poets he assembled for the book.

Last night at a poetry meeting I read a poem I thought I’d submitted for the anthology. I thought I would share it with you today.

A REAL MAN

My grandfather wasn’t interested in the likes of me.
He got good and drunk as real men did back then,
And raged as only the unfulfilled can.
Rolling home, jolly and violent,
Shallow as a bone china saucer.
He pissed on the fire, while my mother, her twin
And my grandmother hid in the neighbours’ outside toilet,
Waiting for him to fall into a snoring, soulless slumber.
He left her with seven children.

Years later he and the poor fool
He ended up with conspired
To cheat my Granny out of her pension.

2 comments:

  1. You did submit the poem! Love the cover - it's a bit spooky. Tactile book - that's cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oscar, I was unsure if I had. Yes, David has done an excellent job of the cover. Tactile book a new phrase!

      Delete