Friday 21 December 2012

SUNRISE AVEBURY 21.12.12



It was more crowded than usual this year, I suppose that was due to the Mayan Calendar, but the weather conditions were better than normal. In previous years I’ve driven through the snow to get there. It’s about 90 miles from where I live and this year the drive was ok.

I am not going to say much about it, here are some photographs. 











The launch party for Freeze Frame is this evening, contact me if you want to come, it’s on Google +. I am reading a poem and I think being interviewed it starts at 6pm GMT.

Here are a couple of videos I made for the promotion. What do you think?




Lastly a poem. Hot off the press, or at least the fevered brow of the poet:

THE PROBLEM of WORDS

A flatpack of language awaited each of us;
Good to go; make sense of it as you will,
Along the pathways it creates
As it scoops thoughts from our brains,
Shapes, packages information says it out loud.
It’s no wonder wars start and lovers turn to haters.
But words are all we have,
Cobble them together as clearly as you can,
Then hope for the best.

Have a good weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Your poem is spot on, Paul! And the photography...oh my Lord! Just as perfectly poetic as your "cobbled words". You are a true artist, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kate you should have been there it was amazing,

      Delete