Friday 1 December 2023

THEIR NAMES IN THE BOOK

I find the whole tory rhetoric offensive and wish they would have the guts to call an election before they can damage the fabric of this country anymore than they all ready have. I think these thoughts were the prompt for this poem that I've just revised. What exactly is wrong with people moving from one country to another? I don't get it? If they were half decent and honourable they would go, but they cling on to their delusions and fail to aid the majority. Enough!

my grandfather walked out of Eden

just as the trouble kicked off

and they were all cast out of paradise

by that angel with the flaming sword

grandfather said it looked the business

impressive in a peevish kind of way


the trouble with that sort of history

he told us was the tendency to focus on

those with their names in the book

and not the likes of him

offspring of Lilith the first wife

the one who is never spoken of

nor of all the others lost to time now


who were quietly getting on with their lives

while this angry god psychodrama

was acted out around them

my grandfather walked out of Eden

the world is large as he discovered

with enough room for everyone

So what has changed since the last post? Essentially I've tied it up and hopefully made it easier to understand. I think at times my dyslexia means I see differently and I hope this version is more understandable. Now for a little psychedelic poem.

just like that the champagne went flat

we were in the presence of a bigger mystery

that would carry us to a place of metaphor

and would swallow a whole twelve hours


we had been here before and would visit again

as I watched the bubbles fled from the pale liquid

sometimes that’s exactly what you must do

trust in the seconds to reap the unexpected

This poem is what it is, a simple tale of an experience, and yes, the champagne did go flat.

The news is not all bad, this morning I received through the post the new Tim Smith album. Yes, after ten years, the wait is over Harp is with us. Go and do yourself a favour and buy it today. Sadly there are no new videos so here is the wondrous Annabelle Chvostek.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment