Friday 11 November 2022

IN THE MARROW OF THE NIGHT

The world is getting hotter and we just sit and talk about it, if we don't actively ignore the facts and carry on as if nothing is happening. We are living in a bad 1960s science fiction story. I have no answers just anxiety and a feeling of helplessness. I do what I can but it does not feel enough...

A poem about those thoughts circling in the night.

flat on my back

in the marrow of the night

the day replays with malice

with each breath

a catechism of failure

creeps closer


I refuse to accept any of it

slowly sleep rescues me

I wrote it as an exercise. I had the second line and decided to see where it would take me. Sometimes you can end up in unexpected places. As in the bleak poem. 

On a lighter note. Here's another tune by Mariana Dalot. I have been enjoying her album. 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment