Friday 6 October 2023

SWIMMING WTH THE SUPER MOON

I confess the title of this post is a lie. I did not go swimming and the moon looked its normal size to me. However, the event did prompt this poem.

SWIMMING WITH THE SUPER MOON


She asks me if I can see it from where I am

a balcony overlooking Meadfoot Beach

I confess my ignorance of the whole event

and no it is not visible from up here


She walks to the tideline with her friends

and they best foot it into the bay

their laughter carries on the air

we resume our conversation sip cava


Until the pink speckled tardy moon

arises from a bank of cloud

it looks the usual size to me

the water reflects its beauty


and life does not get much better

Some poems, I think, are more like sketches of memories. That is certainly the case with this. An opportunity to celebrate something beautiful. Oh, cava [pronounced Ka-ba] is a sparkling wine from Catalunya , I am assured by Catalan friends that it at least rivals a good champagne.  Here's a revision of one of the poems from last post.

listen, I’m not maudlin

ever since you ghosted me

I don’t think of you that much


but I thought I saw you today

by where your office used to be

when the sun was in my eyes


it was only when they spoke

I realised I was mistaken

that it was some other clown

in last year’s suit

attempting to be authentic


which was a whole lot more

than you’d ever done

It's still not there yet and quite frankly it may never arrive. Away it can go for a long while. 

Yahia Lababidi has just started a new Youtube channel full of good poetry and recipes! You can watch it here.

I am ashamed to admit I missed the release of a new album by Lizzie Nunnery and Vidar Norheim. It sounds amazing. you can order it here

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment