Friday 5 January 2024

RENEGADE SINE WAVE

Greetings for the start of the calendar year. I am preoccupied at the moment with compiling a new collection. More on that in the near future. Here is a revised poem. You can read the original here.

SLACK LINE BLUES


bright orange

synthetic

stretched between two trees

this ordinary haulage strap

simply is

and oh how it attracts


you feel you must walk the length

of this renegade sine wave

it oscillates

bucks

like life

you can only learn as you go


only realising your mistake

at the end as you fall

I just happened to be looking at it the other day and I thought it could be better. It has changed quite radically. It was inspired by a low line at a festival and how everyone that passed by it felt the need to attempt to walk its length. 

this week monday

arrived on tuesday

outstayed wednesday

tripped up thursday

flattened friday

put the mockers on the weekend

and then it was monday again

The above piece of nonsense just popped into my head the other day so I thought I would share it.

Here's Sufjan Stevens from his new album.

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment