Friday 2 February 2024

THE BUBBLES FLED

Here's a couple of revised poems. You can read the previous version of this first one here. I've changed the ending as I was not happy with the poem, to be honest after the first line I didn't think it flowed. Hopefully this is smoother.

just like that the champagne went flat

we were in the presence of a bigger mystery

one that would carry us to a place of metaphor

and consume a whole twelve hours


we had been there before and would visit again

so I watched as the bubbles fled from the pale liquid

sometimes all you can do is trust

and watch the seconds as they uniquely unravel

I wanted to project tranquillity, that a loss of ego can lead us to something wonderful. That there is no need for fear. This second poem is hopefully more show than tell. 

the anchoress dreams

sap green spring leaf

her time again would be

to sail as a dandelion seed

over all man made enclosures


but the bell’s toll wakes her

in the half light same four walls

as it has been these past ten years

the sun takes its time

to rise above the barred window


and where she wonders

is God in all of this?

I think the last version was an information dump. What I have tried to do is lead the reader to the same conclusion, but I am not sure that the final two lines are needed? At the moment I am working on a number of poems that are slowly coming together, they will appear in due time.

Hurray For The Riff Raff has a new album out, you can order it here. I leave you with a track.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment