Friday 27 May 2022

I WOULD STEAL YOUR BODY LANGUAGE

As the first lines of this post's poem states a sign on the back of a taxi set me thinking. 

DASHBOARD CAMERA IN OPERATION

I clock the sign on the back of the taxi in front of me

I think about all that found art

hour upon hour of unwitting testimony to being alive

if I were an actor how I would crave access

to such a store house of raw material

I would loot each shrug each sigh

I would steal your body language

and employ your every nuance

to make mine real on stage

All those hours of footage of people being themselves. Someone told me that Marlon Brando used to stand in phone boxes pretending to have a conversation so he could watch people, see how they moved. I think that all actors people watch. I am not sure if the poem is quite there - watch this space.

Here's The Zombies from the 60s, psychedelia never dies.

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment