Friday 23 December 2022

OUR MEMORY KEEPER

Thanks to the Secret Poets for yet again making sense of a poem for me, much appreciated. This poem appeared a couple of months ago, you can read it here. Dreams are important to me, I think we gain insight as we sleep. Occasionally I awaken with a poem in my head, though this one materialised one morning as I jotted some other ideas down.

I Still Remember


you’ve been in my dreams again


I can’t blame the times or the season

for this spate of visitations


half remembered conversations

you are always thirty


now I am old enough to be your father

and the last witness to what we had


our memory keeper

I am not going to go into details. I'm just going to leave it here.

Sadly this week Terry Hall died at the young age of 63. He was part of my youth and I have always followed his career with interest. He will be missed.



Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment