Friday 1 September 2017

THE SIGNIFICANCE of DRAGONS

I've been toying with an idea for some time now. It began with the title and I have been considering what it means.
This is a very rough draft.

The Significance of Dragons

is woven into our RNA
a souvenir of our oppression
before the liberating asteroid

provoked alternatives
that led old men to decide
who was to be sacrificed

was carved into the prow
of every longship
spreading terror

has shaped this land
sculptured its contours
over long centuries

so give thanks
so give praise
I am sure there is more to say, but this will do for the moment.
I saw Ryley Walker last Saturday. He was wondrous. Here is a video of Roundabout from the gig.
Try to catch him live. He is incredible.

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem. Dragons intrigued me. I often wonder why Welsh have dragon in their flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I am not sure why the Welsh have a dragon but there are lots of stories about dragons in Welsh folklaw.

      Delete