Friday 19 August 2022

SUMMER PROJECT

I usually title my posts from a line in the poem but last week I used a line from this revised poem by mistake. First time I have ever done that in 11 years. Apologies.

This poem is a rewrite, with thanks as usual to the Secret Poets for their invaluable input. You can read the original here.

summer project


we broke all the glass

in all the windows


no one stopped us

it took time


but the sounds were so addictive

the crack and cascade of glass


eyeless in autumn

a cold wind hummed in the gaps


the snow went wherever it would

Essentially the ending has changed, the Secrets felt that it was not clear. Hopefully the poem is much improved. I would be interested in your opinion.

This past week I have been immersing myself in the exciting world of The Mountain Goats, this is a song entitled Cotton. The last verse is sadly beautiful.


Until next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment